The M-216™ Backcountry Ski Search & Rescue helmet features a hybrid shell design; ABS hard front shell provides reinforcement for mounted accessories, and an in-mold PC rear shell reduces weight. The helmet includes:
- A glass-reinforced polycarbonate shroud for attaching headlamps and cameras. A machined aluminum Wilcox® shroud insert is available by request for mounting night vision and thermal optics devices.
- A customized Boa® Fit System guarantees a precise fit adjustment with single handed quick release.
- Accessory rails allow for mounting a variety of lights and cameras.
- Removable ear cups specifically designed to be comfortable while using in-ear communication systems and includes a pocket for drop-in audio device compatibility.
- 14 Total Vents: Eight crown (adjustable), two front (passive open), four rear (fixed open) for maximum cooling during high exertion rescues.
- Eight adjustable crown vents with three positions (open, half open and closed) to accommodate both warm and cold conditions.
- Above-goggle vent channels draw air through the helmet to the rear exhaust ports to reduce goggle fogging.
- Integrated goggle strap retention.
The M-216™ Backcountry Ski SAR also comes standard with your choice of a Princeton Tec® Switch MPLS or Switch Rail task light that will mount directly onto the front section of the helmet rail.